BREAKING: After Disastrous Debate Biden Team Calls for Second Debate

In the aftermath of the initial face-off between Presidents Joe Biden and Donald Trump, the Biden team demonstrated unwavering resolve. Their affirmation to attend the second debate, orchestrated by ABC News on September 10, came undaunted by Biden’s display, described by many as subpar for an 81-year-old political veteran. An authority within the campaign reassured Kayla Tausche, CNN White House correspondent, ‘President’s determination is unbroken; not only does he not plan to retreat, but he also remains firmly geared up for the second round in September.’ This sentiment was mirrored by a White House spokesperson who negated the notion of the president bowing out of the race.

As the debate kicked off, an underwhelming display from Biden was evident. His demeanor was a stark juxtaposition to his political rival: Biden appeared disconnected and struggled to articulate his viewpoints clearly, standing opposite an unyielding Trump. This lethargic presentation raised flags about his reelection chances, especially when his vocal delivery was muffled and weak, something the White House rationalized as a symptom of a cold.

Seeking to control the narrative surrounding Biden’s performance, Vice President Kamala Harris addressed the situation in a post-debate interview with CNN. She subtly underscored the objective of the election, emphasizing, ‘Let’s look beyond style contests. The primary focus should be on substance…Sure, it was off to a pedestrian start, that’s clear to all, and I won’t disregard that.’ Her attempt to shift focus from Biden’s performance did little to quell the rising concern.

Post-debate polls from CNN painted a bleak picture for the Democrats. From those who witnessed the verbal joust, an overwhelming 67 percent were convinced that Trump had the upper hand, leaving a scant 33 percent backing Biden’s efforts. This discrepancy validated the notion that Biden had fallen significantly short, providing Trump with a clear edge in viewers’ eyes.

Such sentiment was not isolated to the public but was also felt among the press. None of the New York Times columnists surveyed believed Biden managed a strong performance, with a majority being more convinced of a striking win by Trump. This echoed the larger perception emanating from the debate – Biden’s authenticity and effectiveness were apparently in question.

The debate was a broad platform that exposed Biden’s seemingly declining cognitive abilities to millions. His lackluster performance hinted at a significant deterioration when compared to his capabilities from four years prior. Being at the ripe age of 81 and faced with the prospect of leading until 86, the concern grew whether Biden possesses the necessary mental agility to keep up with his political adversaries.

As evidence of Biden’s diminishing debating prowess became palpable, Democrats began reconsidering their support for Biden leading the ticket. The surfacing apprehensions speak of a potential landslide defeat in the upcoming November election, an unsavory outcome the Democrats are beginning to anticipate.

Despite the heavy criticism surrounding Biden’s performance, the White House stands unbowed. They remain firm in their commitment to prevent Biden’s candidacy from sinking and continue to reinforce their commitment to the second debate. This unflinching stance reflects the tenacity of the Biden campaign, effortlessly seen through their commitment to face adversity head-on for the November election.

BREAKING: After Disastrous Debate Biden Team Calls for Second Debate appeared first on Real News Now.

About Author

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *