Fox News expresses discontent towards former President Donald Trump for various reasons, with a significant factor being his intention to abstain from participating in the Republican primary debate.
According to a report from Newsmax, it has been purported that Rupert Murdoch, the founder of Fox News, is purportedly encouraging Glenn Youngkin, the Republican Governor of Virginia, to embark on a campaign against the previous president in pursuit of the 2024 Republican candidacy.
The Virginia governor has been well recognized for his adeptness in navigating the complexities of pro-Trump and anti-Trump factions, ultimately securing the governorship.
The individual in question refrained from launching a direct assault on the previous president, yet also refrained from forming a close alliance with him.
Newsmax provided additional information on the matter:
Murdoch urged Youngkin to run for president in a pair of in-person meetings earlier this year and is picking up the politicking as his Fox News network has been covering Florida GOP Gov. Ron DeSantis more harshly, sources told The Washington Post.
Youngkin has not ruled out a potential run for president in a crowded GOP field that is failing to cut into former President Donald Trump’s rock-solid base, but he has been waiting to get through this year and important November state elections that will decide the balance of power in his state of Virginia.
According to Dave Rexrode, the head of Gov. Youngkin’s Spirit of Virginia PAC, “Virginia is getting attention because parents still matter and Gov. Youngkin’s commonsense conservative leadership is working.”
“There’s more to do, so the governor’s not taking his eye off Virginia. These races are too important,” he added.
However, it should be noted that receiving support from Murdoch alone does not guarantee success or ensure favorable outcomes.
“Not everyone listens to Rupert, and Rupert’s instincts are not always perfect, but he has always believed that some competition is better than none at all, and he would like to see some debate about the issues in the primary,” a source said to The Post.
Fox News has experienced the departure of yet another high-ranking executive, as the network persists in its efforts to recover from a substantial $787 million defamation deal with Dominion Voting Systems.
According to a report published by The Wall Street Journal on Thursday, it has been announced that Viet Dinh, the network’s highest-ranking legal executive, will be leaving the firm before the conclusion of the current year. According to Mediaite, Dinh was identified as a “trusted associate” of Lachlan Murdoch, the CEO of Fox News, and held the role of a godfather to one of his children.
“His strong position at the company waned following the settlement, some people familiar with the matter said,” the Journal reported.
According to a story by The New York Times, rather than opting for an early settlement in the Dominion lawsuit, Dinh chose to adhere to an optimistic perspective that heavily depended on the rights offered by free speech. Dominion initiated legal proceedings against Fox after to allegations made by numerous guests, asserting that the corporation played a role in manipulating the outcome of the 2020 election to the detriment of former President Donald Trump.
“He insisted that Fox was on firm legal footing and could take the case, if need be, all the way to the Supreme Court, where he believed the company would prevail on First Amendment grounds,” the Times reported.
Based on available information, Dinh made the decision to delay the settlement of the matter until shortly before the trial was scheduled to commence. This strategic move granted Dominion’s legal team the opportunity to acquire internal communications through the process of discovery. The authors noted that the management at Fox News expressed skepticism over the allegations of election manipulation.
“Fox’s legal case was severely hindered when the judge ruled that it wasn’t entitled to use a First Amendment defense,” the Journal reported.
According to a report by Mediaite, undisclosed sources have indicated that Dinh’s resignation is directly linked to the substantial payment.
“He screwed up and mishandled all the legal and passed [Dominion] $787 million when they should’ve settled this right away,” a “source close to the Murdoch Camp” said. “He hung in there for a while only because he’s Lachlan’s son’s godfather.”
According to another source who spoke to the publication, “He cost the company $800 million in the lawsuit with another pending. It’s a no-brainer: You don’t settle for $800 mill and jeopardize the prized asset of Fox News without a head rolling.”
The post Desperate Fox News Owner Begs Rising GOP Star To Run Against Trump appeared first on The Republic Brief.